*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1676927-Getting-around-WDC
Rated: E · Article · How-To/Advice · #1676927
A short piece on getting around WDC
So you are new to WDC ... join the crowd! I mean, there are thousands of us here rattling around like mice in a maze. Where do I go? How do I get there? Where do I go for help? Like those mice, we feel so far from the prize.

I'm an old hand. I'm 70 years old and have five years of WDC experience. First, I love WDC. It is my home away from home. I have learned more about writing here than in three universities and numerous books. If an old gal like me can find my way, I'm sure you can too.

To learn how to get around or find support or advice, just look for the search 'box' at the top of the page. Search for what you need by using subjects like: help! where am I? or many other 'search' words, and you most likely will get a reply or response. I have found wonderful forums, articles, how-to pieces and much more that way. If all else fails, click on words in the left column. I found a lot of interesting things there.

The best source of all, in my opinion, is the registered user, those mostly friendly and helpful WDC members. Some are so generous with their time, you will be amazed. I have made wonderful friends by seeking and listening to their good advice.

At the end of the day, this is a BIG place with lots going on, wonderful poems and stories to read, inspiration for things to write and, best of all, friends including our Story Master and Story Mistress *Smile* I hope you are one of my friends.

Keep writing!
© Copyright 2010 Iva Lilly Durham (crankee at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1676927-Getting-around-WDC