*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740110-Blind-Justice-Part-1
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Legal · #1740110
A communications major becomes blind in a hit and run and changes his major to law.
Blind Justice


Sequence One


Opening Scene
         Professor Smoot's course on Understanding the Media was his first class of the day.  Hundreds of Communications students packed into the tiny lecture hall.  Justin Michaels, a student at Columbia University, attended there for a year.  Figuring that the air conditioning broke down when Lincoln was President, he imagined the way the administrators' minds work.  Everybody showed their enthusiasm to get into Columbia University that they would put up with any old bullshit on campus including the incredible food.  The.only positive thing was Tom's Restaurant on 112th St. If not for Tom's Restaurant half the student body would starve.  Tom's and all the restaurants near by did a prosperous business.  Justin figured that he would go there just as soon as this class ever ended.

         He knew that this class bored him but he had to take it in order to graduate with a Communications degree.  Justin was sitting next to his roommate Seth Jordan.  These two young men knew that they were not the same.  Almost everyone at Columbia University came from rich families.  Most of the time, Justin acted like it didn't bother him much.  However, unless you knew him well it was hard to tell.  He had always tried to fit in but he had to admit that sometimes it was extremely hard to do so.

         When Justin saw Seth he was usually in casual clothes when he was back at their place of residence, but the minute he was in class  like now, he wore more formal wear.  He also knew that he did not dress as well as some of his classmates, but he did the best he could.  Justin knew that he could not afford that kind of life.  For some reason, these two individuals hit it off at freshman orientation.

         Even though Seth and Justin hit it off when they first met they could not be any more different.  Seth was know to wear concert T-shirts and Army camouflage pants when he was back at the dorm that he and Justin share, however.when he is in class it is a totally different case.  However, he had to have been the sloppiest person that Justin had ever met.  Seth had a half-eaten pizza on his shelf in their refrigerator that had been there since Washington's Presidentcy.  Justin was raised not to be a slob.  He knew that his parents would not expect him to be perfect but they did not want their son to forget what they taught him when he was growing up.

         "Hey, buddy do you want to go to Tom's restaurant after Smoot's class to get something to eat?" asked Justin to his roommate
© Copyright 2011 novelwriter (novelwriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1740110-Blind-Justice-Part-1