*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1744233-Blame-It-On-the-Boogie
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Entertainment · #1744233
Believing Michael Jackson still alive, she tells others...not emotionally stable herself.
Blame It On the Boogie


Beginning with an author's note. . .

The audio portion of this file is being temporarily shared pending receipt of authorization from somebody at the Michael Jackson Estate. At first request, I will pull this file from public view. I don't want to get in trouble before I get started.

I have in my head, and generating more parts all the time, an idea for a historical fiction revolving around Michael Jackson and my main character. A peer Baby Boomer, who had been an AM radio follower of the Jackson Five, and later the whole Michael Jackson scene--because he was everywhere after he reached independent adulthood, suffers guilt at MJ's death, June 25th, 2009, because she had not been more of a fan when he was alive. Emotionally overwrought, and diagnosed with bipolar disorder, she puts bits and pieces of her life back to and from the chaos created by Michael's special help.

The personal way in which Michael's influence overwhelms this woman, who is really just a college educated grown up little girl who suffers from occasional bouts of bipolar psychosis, reloved around conversations with him "in the White Room", and she begins doing his public errands driving her truck around the Metroplex.

For a few month's most of her behavior has emanated from the rambling results of conversations with Michael--where I hope to pull in a couple of more songs. These are actually planned as earlier chapters. I'm beginning sort of in the middle.

From time to time I'll leave write's notes for later consideration. I also want to keep up with daily entries, if I can for awhile. I think this idea might actually be a marketable novel. Wish me luck.

To proclaim this the beginning of a Pop Opera is probably absurd. However, it's more than an historical fiction. I want to use his music--somehow, for which I know I must receive permission. I will began to search for the appropriate contacts for use permission by Monday, the 24th of January, 2011.

This is a tease to the beginning of my story. A link to the text which goes with this text item and audio will be posted when it's to a good draft stage.


Come back again. Comments welcome.

This project has been haunting me for 18 months. Here I begin.

~ Patrice




© Copyright 2011 a Sunflower in Texas (patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1744233-Blame-It-On-the-Boogie