*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1751507-Diana--One-Woman-For-The-World
Rated: E · Essay · Biographical · #1751507
Diana Spencer Biography with a taste of my own ideas about her.
         According to the records, The Honorable Diana Spencer was born on the afternoon of July 1, 1961, the third daughter of Viscount Althorp, then aged 37, and Viscountess Althorp, 12 years his junior. Diana, fragile and beauty-bound, weighed in at 7 lbs, 12 oz.

         She had a pretty cream bedroom on the first floor nursery, enjoyed cattle, open fields, silver birch, pine and yew trees while growing up. She more or less became tall in a heavenly place where they fed trout in the Lake at Sandringham House. She had a cat named Marmalade and took Jill, the fancy Springer Spaniel for long rambles. She grew up privileged but was never a "snob".

         She has two sisters, Sarah and Jane, her senior by six and four years respectively, and a brother Charles who is younger. She loved her family dearly.

          It was the collapse of the Althorps’ 14 year marriage in September of 1967. In 1954 they were called “the society wedding of the year because they were supported by the Queen and the Queen mother. So then, Diana was a divorce-case. This was such in the first place. It might have been the first signs of her depression. Who knows?

         When the romance wooed, and Lady Diana Spencer was formally engaged to his Royal Highness, the Prince Of Wales, Charles Windsor, it was then and only then that she was allowed to call him “Charles”. There he was in her life! Considered to be the world’s most eligible bachelor. What good was a poor girl good for this? The Prince had brought all of his crew and his faithful Labrador, Sandringham Harvey, who was considered to be a “true sport” on that bleak afternoon. Lady Diana’s sister, Sarah “played cupid”. Diana was sixteen when she met him.

         Now Diana had certain wishes. One, was she wanted to be a dancer, perhaps, a ballerina. Unfortunately she claimed she was just too tall. It is true that Diana Spencer Windsor regularly asked her friends for advice on how her romance was to “play-out”.

         On July 29, 1981, Diana tied the knot with a genuine Prince. They were wed at St. Paul’s Cathedral. She had two sons, William and Harry respectively. By the time she was pregnant with Harry in 1984, her morning-sickness and mental bouts took shape much too often.

         Diana had many charities. She was the most photographed woman in the world. And she loved to dress.

         For her ex-husband—as well as the rest of the world—the death of Diana Princess of Wales was an unforeseen and huge shock. At the age of 36, on September 1, the day after she died in a car in Paris, the shaken Charles walked the halls of Balmoral, the “Queen’s Castle in Scotland”.

         What “could” have happend to a princess did not. It is sad. Numerous bouquets of flowers were laid down for her in Paris. Was it fate? When I recall the castles in England I had visited and explored, those of Chatsworth and Belvoir make me want to be filled with all the lore of England again and again. Losing such a Princess, I’m sure Charles grieves still as in Balmoral. Many do. I have a photo poster of her up on my wall in glass. My William bought it for me. I treasure it. If I do take it down some day, it will be when it has rained heavily and I need a certain change.

         Diana, we loved you!

         Look for another side of Diana look at "Putting Flowers For Diana Down for another reading.


Sources: Andrew Morton’s book, “Diana”, and People Magazine.
© Copyright 2011 VictoriaMcCullough (secretvick at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1751507-Diana--One-Woman-For-The-World