*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1807927-Disable-Your-Windows-Live-Messenger
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Computers · #1807927
You don't have to put up with this annoying little green guy, there is help!
Are you tired of that green (with blue, in some versions) guy hogging your computer screen space?

The green man in your right hand corner (taskbar) is Windows Live Messenger.
Generally, unless you message a lot or you are a teenager, this is a waste of time and is inconvenient to have to close it down repeatedly. It also bogs down your computer.

So here's how to get rid of this annoyance, clearing up your desktop so you can get on with what you got on the computer for in the first place.

Start by double-clicking the green icon. This brings up the dialog box with menu choices.

On the top of the screen you will see a menu, click tools.

Click options. Then go to the preferences menu. uncheck (by clicking on the box next to the choices) Allow Windows Messenger to Run in the Background and Run Windows Messenger when Windows Starts.

Click OK at the bottom of that same dialog box and click the red "x" to exit out of the program entirely. When you restart your computer you will notice it will not load in the taskbar in the left corner.

Good luck!
© Copyright 2011 midnitewriter (writerkim at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1807927-Disable-Your-Windows-Live-Messenger