*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2120342-Tribute-to-my-mother
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Tribute · #2120342
Thanksgiving Service for the life of Mrs. Mavis Louise McGregor-Simpson on April 8, 2017.

A pleasant day to everyone!
It would be remiss of me if I were to come here today and remain silent on this momentous occasion.
As you know, today we are gathered here to bid farewell to a very special, special lady: a great grandmother, a grandmother, a mother, a great grandaunt, a grandaunt, an aunt, a mother-in-law, a godmother, a cousin, a community stalwart, a mother of nine biological children and one who mothered numerous other children so to speak, a matriarch and to many a friend. I speak of none other but my mother Mrs. Mavis Louise McGregor-Simpson affectionately called Mrs Mama.

My mom is a portrait of a Godly mother. I am proud to be her son. Though the pain and heartache linger, I will endure. Mom will always be loved and will always be remembered in my heart.
Mom’s home was opened to all and such gesture seemed to lend credence to her being a respected matriarch.

I want to thank all of you for the condolences. The condolences have been pouring in both face-to-face and on social media, on platforms like: Facebook, Twitter, Whats App, Hi 5, and many messaging services both synchronous and asynchronous. Thanks a million!

Finally, I wish to say that: a thousand words could not bring back my mom. How do I know? Because my sisters tried. In the same light, a thousand drops of tears could not bring her back. How do I know? Yes! because we cried.

May her Soul rest in peace. Thank you.
RIP. Mrs. Mavis Louise McGregor-Simpson.

© Copyright 2017 Claude H. A. Simpson (teach600 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2120342-Tribute-to-my-mother