*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2131956-Summers-Gone
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Chapter · Other · #2131956
A fictional short
Summer's Gone

The little cottage stood nestled on a little hill overlooking the Giles River. Soft, green grass overtook the little half acre of space allotted to the cottage. The tiny flower garden was her biggest accomplishment. Comprised of purple begonias, pink and white lilies, and her beautiful yellow roses, there were two of each kind. Big beautiful Oak trees as far as the eye could see, swayed rhythmically with the northeast wind. The vibrant colors of orange and brown foliage flew in patterns across the lawn and twisted their way towards the river. "I jus' not undestan Daddy." "Why dey die for?" "Well Emiline, my sweet girl, flowers die sometimes, even with nurturing them, and taking care of them as I take care of you." "I not like dat daddy." "I know sweetheart. We will just have to take these dead ones out and plant others. Is that alright with you?" "I guess daddy." As she ran back towards the cottage, the soft grass caressed her feet, unlike the unforgiving rocks by the river. Those tore her feet up something awful. She just couldn't wrap her mind around, why the flowers died. She talked to them, everyday. She watered them, everyday. She loved them like her dolls. Her daddy knew why and just wasn't saying, cause he didn't want to break her heart. The worse winter in years was coming, and the dead flowers are how he knew.




© Copyright 2017 Anna Writer (luvwriting81 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2131956-Summers-Gone