*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2179694-Dog-vs-Dress
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest · #2179694
A 296 word story. 2 canine brothers and their attempts to hide the torn dress.
My name is Inigo Montoya! I am a Chihuahua. A noble and handsome creature. We are strong and quite vicious. I sit on my corner of the bed watching over the land of my mother's bedroom. I am in charge of things while she is away.

My little brother Gurgi, is a small high pitched canine who is completely covered in long brown hair. A simple fuzzball with absolutely no significant heritage other than many years spent in their mommy’s purses.

I am licking my paws and relaxing when suddenly a dreaded ripping sounds splits through my ears. Gurgi is holding mom's favorite dress in his teeth.

“What have you done?”

He drops the torn fabric at his guilty feet.

“I’m sorry I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to… I just found it…. And then it was….well... then it was in my mouth.”

“I see. So you didn’t chew on it but merely found it caught in your teeth?”

“Uhhhhh….”

“Don’t answer that. We must find a way to hide the evidence.”

I begin to search the room for a proper hiding place.

“Ah that's it! The dog crate!”

I look back to the dress but Gurgi has already become distracted and is chasing a small bug across the room. Once again the mission is left entirely up to me.

I leap to the floor and take the dress gently into my mouth and drag it across the room and into the crate. It takes me several moments of digging but I manage to bury the dress under the blankets.

“THERE! My mission is a success and mother will never know!”

I return to my spot on the bed and rest my head on my paws. The responsibilities of a big brother can be very difficult.
© Copyright 2019 HollyStar (hollystar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2179694-Dog-vs-Dress