It is nothing but an application of short traditional Japanese poetries.
Rupali’s Form of Poetry
It is nothing but an application of traditional Japanese poetry.
Purpose: To construct a Nano-story.
1. It is an eight-lined poetry form.
3. Divided into three stanzas.
4. First stanza is a traditional Japanee Haiku of 5-7-5 syllables structure. That stanza may consider the beginning of the story.
5. The second stanza is an unrhythmed two-line stanza. It is the main body of the story. It can also be called the connector between Haiku and the traditional Japanese Senryu.
6. Third stanza(last stanza) is the conclusion part. It is a traditional Japanese Senryu.
7. There is relaxation in the poetry. We know that every Senryu can use five syllables in the last line. After writing the last word of the last line, if several syllables cross five syllables, the extra syllable or syllables will not count for the sake of story building. The number of syllables should not cross four before writing the last word.
8. Other characteristics of traditional Japanese Senryu should strictly follow.
Here is an example:-
The Magic of the Winter
The Winter morning
comes with the brightest sunshine
To give us comfort.
Last night, we shared the same bed,
And used the same blanket to get warmth.
We begin to read
every beat of the others
that join our hearts eternally.