*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2318852-BSF-Childrens-Lesson-28-and-29
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Children's · #2318852
Jesus ascends and sends the Holy Spirit. John 21, Acts 1
Jesus Goes to Heaven and the Holy Spirit Comes



Scripture: Acts 1:1-5, Acts 2 1-41

Scripture Verse: “ And everyone who calls on Jesus’s name will be saved.” Acts 2:21

God’s Attribute: Perfect. Everything God does is right.

Main Truth: The Holy Spirit helps God’s children share the truth about Jesus.

Story:

“God Is listening…when I pray. Our hands we fold, our heads we bow, so we can talk to God right now. God, we know everything You do is right. Thank You God for sending Jesus to die on a cross for us. Thank you God, for sending the Holy Spirit to be our helper. Amen.” Make sign for Amen.

Hold up Bible. “Does anyone know what book this is?” Wait for answer. This book is the B.I. B. L. E, the Bible. Can anyone say Bible?” Sing The B. I. B. L. E. “Touch the Bible.” Begin clapping. “Absolutely true, absolutely true, everything the Bible says is absolutely true. The Bible is God’s true word. ‘The Bible is God’s holy book, let’s open it and see where God tells us of His love. God loves you, and He loves me.’” ASL for Jesus.


*AsteriskB* “Jesus died on a cross and came alive again. Only Jesus could die on a cross and come alive again.”

*AsteriskB* “Jesus saw His friends. Jesus’s friends were called the disciples.”

*AsteriskB* “Jesus told His friends the disciples to wait for the Holy Spirit.”

*AsteriskB* “Jesus went up, up, up to His home in Heaven.” Lift picture of Jesus up above my head.

*AsteriskB* “Jesus’s friends were waiting in a room. A big wind came inside the room. “ Blow out a big breath. “Calvin, can you help make a big wind? Do this, Calvin.” Demonstrate. Ask each child.

*AsteriskB* “The big wind was the Holy Spirit! The disciples didn’t have to wait any more. Jesus’s friends trusted and obeyed Jesus.” Trust and Obey.

*AsteriskB* “The Holy Spirit helped Jesus’s friends to share the truth about Jesus.”

*AsteriskB*”The Holy Spirit helps God’s kids to tell others the truth about Jesus.

*AsteriskB* Questions:
What is this book called? The Bible.
Who went back up to Heaven? Jesus went back to Heaven.
Who came to help Jesus’s friends? The Holy Spirit came to help Jesus’s friends.

Verse: To God Is So Good. “And everyone who calls on Jesus’s name will be saved, Acts 2:21.” 3X
Songs:

*AsteriskV* Get out eggs. “When the Holy Spirit came, Jesus's friends were so happy! This big happiness is called joy. Can you say Joy, Abby/Alexis/Calvin? Good job! Let’s sing loud about joy. Is everybody ready?” Joy to the World.”Who came? The Holy Spirit came.”

*AsteriskV* Swap eggs for ribbons. “God loves all people. That’s why God wants everyone to know the truth about Jesus. That is because God Is Good.” God Is So Good. Include God gives us the Holy Spirit.

*AsteriskV*Swap ribbons for bells. “Jesus obeyed God. We need to obey God, too.” Trust and Obey.

Quiet time: Talk about Jesus promising the Holy Spirit. Remind them God Is perfect. Sing verse. Sing Jesus Loves Me. Use doxology. Explain blessings as gifts from God.

Large muscle: Large blocks, marching, hoop and ball, If You’re Happy and You Know It.
© Copyright 2024 Whiskerfacebythefireplace (whiskerface at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2318852-BSF-Childrens-Lesson-28-and-29