*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319034-New-story
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Relationship · #2319034
I've decided to see where I can get this story to. The main character is agender.
Sometimes small mistakes can change your life.

I am walking, unsure what to do, not just with my life, but in general, when I bump into I someone.

"Gah! Sorry!" I stammer.

"What the fuck dude?" The person I accidentally rammed says.

"I'm didn't mean to!"

He glances at me and we see eye-to-eye for a second, before I blush and look away. Damn he's hot!

"S-sorry again," I repeat.

As I walk off, I hear him call for me.

"Hold up! What's your name?"

"I'm Jay." I am wondering if I should stop, but decide against it.

I quicken my pace, as he shouts, "I'm Edward, and I will see you later!"

I quickly run to my dorm. I can't believe I ran out on such a nice-looking guy! Brown hair in a common teenager style, taller than me, and... Stop daydreaming about a dude you just met! I look through the class list and sure enough, he's in my Into to Psychology class. I can't believe my luck. I want to know him better, but do I really though?

I hear an alarm, and its a reminder I set myself. Shit. It's class time. I run to the Intro to Psychology class and see the only spot left is next to him. I sit there, and avoid eye contact. I don't want to bring him into my complicated feelings yet.

Edward says to me, " I want to say-"

He is cut off by the professor announcing the beginning of class.

I sigh in relief, but am curious what he was going to say. I shut up my brain and listen to the lecture while taking notes. I notice a piece of paper being shoved my way, and it is Edward giving me a sequence of- wait. This is his number! I tuck the paper in my pocket as the class winds down. Is he into me? I catch a quick glance at him, but he is focused on the lesson.

When the class finally ends, Edward glances at me and mouths an apology for earlier as I leave. Conflicted feelings rush to my head. Is he a jerk? He apologized. Should I apologize. I already did. But was it enough?...

I head on to my car unsure of what to do, before driving home. I arrive after 20 minutes of driving, and sit in my room. I pull out my phone and punch in Edward's number. I write up a message to send to him, and the delete it. Should it be simple? Should it be complex? How should I say I'm into him? Is he into me? Shut up anxiety!

I finally send him "Hey! Got your number. I'm Jay, the (hopefully) cute dude that bumped into you earlier today."

I instantly regret it, when Edward responds.

I read it as dopamine and nerves rush to my head like children to candy. "Sorry about how I reacted. Bad day. You are cute by the way" and then another message, "What are your pronouns? I dont want to be (more of) a jerk."

Exited he thinks I am cute and glad he cares about me, I respond, "I use any pronouns lol. I'm usually feminine, but I'm more of an agender person. That means without gender. Most my friends use they/them or he/him for me, so you can decide if you want to be like my friends." I realize the possible connotation of the last sentence, and quickly add, "I'm not saying you have to be exactly like my friends, just if you want to know which pronouns I am used to."

No response. Terrified I scared him away, I start shaking and breathing quicker. I suddenly get a notification and quickly grab my phone. The message reads, "

(This story is not yet complete, and I will work on it when time permits.)
© Copyright 2024 Midwestern Femboy (dasfoxen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2319034-New-story