*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320176-Trilogy-Breaking-Infinity-DAWN
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Trebor
Rated: E · Novel · Action/Adventure · #2320176
2nd book in the Trilogy series Lucifer Rising.
This is WIP and there will be rewrites.
TRILOGY
Lucifer Rising



TERRESTRIAL
Book 2
chapter 1


Evolution and Creation travel in a straight line. Revolution is a broken record that never stops playing.

Scott Morgan was now grown and married. Having been the first generation to have grown up in Ark Genesis, which also had the distinction of being the first Ark. Two more Arks are now nearing completion, the Ark in Canada called Ark Spirit, and another in Australia called Ark Opportunity, named after the Mars rovers. Even though Spirit and Opportunity were not yet complete they were more or less 100% operational. The defining characteristic that would make them complete was the ability to seal themselves 100% from the environment. The Arks in Canada and Australia were slightly larger than Ark Genesis at a full square mile, well circle for that fact. The Arks were circular and made of a new composite that could be secreted like concrete. In the the end they wind up looking like a giant flying saucer.

Scott being a first gen. was also the first to receive genetic modifications to decrease bone depletion in zero-g. And when older and had reached the age of consent was the first receive implants. Even at an early age Scott new what he wanted and had signed up for the eugenics program. The eugenics program was 100% volunteer. Parents couldn’t even sign there children up for the program only the individual could. Plus they could leave the program at any time.
Unfortunately the rest of the world didn’t see it like that. As soon as you mention the word eugenics most people immediately think of Hitler making women sleep with gorillas to make super babies.
It’s a good good thing they never really found out about the animal program. Secretly they had been crossing domestic species like dogs with bears, and house cats with leopards and cheetahs. Not to mention the changes being made to the animals brains in-utero to deter some of the more wild aspects of the cross breeding.

Scott: Ariel, Arthur lets go the Nautilus isn’t going to wait forever.

The Nautilus was a first gen. lighter than air, air craft named after the fictional as well as the USS Nautilus on display in Groton Connecticut since its decommissioning. It was circular with a big hole in the center that housed the giant rotor with blades the size of small air plane wings. The Nautilus had a hard shell and was filled with a non explosive mixture of hydrogen and helium called hydrelium. The shell was crafted from material that had anti magnetic properties that used the Earth’s own magnetic field to give it lift.

Ariel: Oh, it’s not like were moving half way around the world or anything.
Scott: Actually the rout might be closer to ¾, we haft to go south first to hitch a ride on the southern jet stream before we head east to Australia.
Ariel: Not helping dad,, I’m almost done
Arthur: I’m done, he shouted as he ran down the stairs.
Scott: Good, you beat your sister
Arthur: A garden slug could beat her. He said loud enough for his sister to hear.
Ariel: You wana race little man. She said at the bottom of the stairs.

As soon as Ariel reached the landing she pounced on her younger brother. With a big YELP from Arthur, Ariel had him pinned just a few seconds.

Scott: You might want to give your brother a little respect at some point he’s going to be bigger than you.

Even though Arthur was only 10, “5 years younger than his sister”, he was already almost as tall. Ariel had him in weight though. At 5’8” and still growing she probably could of played foot ball if she wanted.
© Copyright 2024 Trebor (justbob at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2320176-Trilogy-Breaking-Infinity-DAWN