*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/870679-
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Animal · #870679
This is why I’m vegetarian.
         I've lived in a small room for my entire life. I’ve never seen the radiance of the sun, although I’ve heard it’s amazing. I’ve never seen the green grass, or felt the cool dew underneath my toes. I’ve always wondered what a flower looks like or how tall a tree is. This may sound annoying prosy, but I’m not finished with my story.

         You should spend a day in my shoes. A day would probably be enough to change your ideas. I have a question for you – Have you ever gone so crazy from boredom you could’ve died?

         I have. Many times over. Every day it’s the same monotony- wake up. Painfully stand up. Eat rotting food after a few hours. Sleep. And I’ve been in this prison since I was born. I’ve never seen a different four walls. Can you imagine?

         No. I’m sure you can’t. A prison to you would be detention. Or band lessons. Well, trust me, I’d much rather go to band lessons.

         Have you ever had to endure the stench of feces? Rotting? I have no so-called bathroom. It must be taken out by the evil people who guard me, and they don’t stop by regularly, let’s just put it that way. The thought that you have to sleep in your own bodily fluids probably grosses you out- if it was you, but you probably don’t care about me.

         Well, you should, because after they skin me while I’m still breathing, I’ll be ground up, packed, and squeezed out of a tube onto your dinner plate.
© Copyright 2004 Sarah Di (elwing at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/870679-