*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/939907-
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Bjørn
Rated: 18+ · Other · Psychology · #939907
A tribute to a dear friend, to be read out loud.
Just as an FYI before you read this:
It was written for a friend of mine who calls himself Kvitulf. He suffers from depression and mild schizophrenia. This passage is his thoughts, as pictured by me. He's since read the story. Please read it slowly, maybe read it out loud nice and slow.
Thank you for your understanding.


Norway is the only country in the world to have yellow road markings. It's the snow - white markings on a white road, less than visible. Less than a flame. Less than a glowworm. Less than a what? A flint spark, a crack of lightning. I can almost see them, screaming running drenched through. Animals? none. But god knows there were, great brutes of animals. there's an irony, he thought. god.
"How does polytheism correlate with subsistence lifestyle?" polytheism being indo european, then came the arabs and told them there was only one, now they're smashing the fuckers trying to get to his birthplace. Who cares, they're all sand-coloured anyway.
I built a kayak recently. It could also have been the schoolteacher, but I think it was me or kvitulf. it was very good, didn't leak at all except when I got in, then it collapsed and we start again. one day we will hunt the seals we killed for the kayak in the kayak. Or is it kajak, or kaiak, maybe the greenlanders know. Perhaps when we have killed enough seals we can go there to see, we will need a lot of food.
I was out today when I saw someone else's ski tracks. This is unusual, furuflaten has few strangers. Unless it was a man from the village, come to think, they are often up here. never thought they had skis, used to believe they tunnelled there. Now I think about it I suppose that's quite absurd.
© Copyright 2005 Bjørn (arctic_hobo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/939907-