*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/item_id/995903-The-Hookman-Series
Rated: 18+ · Folder · Horror/Scary · #995903
The story of Hookman's Grave is a real urban legend that inspired this series.
Author's Note:

There's an urban legend around these parts of a haunted gravesite on Ohlenforst Road in a little town called Robert's Cove. I spent more time thinking about Hookman's Grave when I was a teenager in high school, when it was a popular weekend hangout spot. Every couple of weeks or so, someone had a new Hookman's story to tell; of stalled cars, phantom fog, or a mysterious shadow-man appearing with red eyes. One group of kids told me that they went to Hookman's and put a ouiji board on the grave and it told them that one of them would die on a certain day in a car accident. The dark prophecy came true. Whether or not the ouiji board part of it was made up, who knows? (it's a whale of a tale), but I knew the girl who ran into a telephone pole on Parkerson Avenue when I was in my junior year.

I'm thirty two now, and it's been years since I've heard any good Hookman's Tales. I've traveled around a bit; did a stint in the Air Force, lived in Utah and Houston for a while, but now I'm back home. I recently moved with my family into the country about two miles from Robert's Cove. My wife and I were out driving one afternoon and we decided to pay old Hookman a visit. As we got close to the gravesite, my wife noticed all the houses in the area and said, "You couldn't pay me enough money to live this close to Hookman's!"

And an idea was born.

Wouldn't it be fun to tell stories - not only about Hookman - but of all the freaky things that happen to the people who live near his grave?

This series is fiction, though the locations are real. I'm sure most of the crazy stories I heard about Hookman's back in high school were fiction too, so it feels right to do my part in adding to the legacy of the urban legend of Hookman's Grave on Ohlenforst Road.

Enjoy.

B.J.
PORTFOLIO  
Portfolio -> The Hookman Series
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/portfolio/item_id/995903-The-Hookman-Series