*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1922767-Nine-Inches-or-less-Ch-2
by EddyD
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1922767
The life of tiny James and his struggle to survive in this big world.
"May I get everyone's attention, please?" Ra' del shouted, booming his voice throughout the entire gymnasium nearly making me cover my ears just to stop the pain.

Alexis holding me open hand she kept re-assuring me I had nothing to worry about while Ra' del still tried to get the school all quiet and listening. In little to no time at all they were soundless.

"Now I'm sure many of you are wondering what you should already know, why are we all here? Well, we have a new student!" he piped. Pacing back in forth, everyone's eyes fallowed his movements. Faster than I could see he pointed his large stubby fingers at me.

The room briefly filled with gasps and whispering. "Silence!" He exclaimed, receiving a satisfactory response. "Now that we are on the same page, I'll lay a few ground rules for all of you. None of you are to even THINK about approaching James with negative intent" He calmly explained. Flashing a paper document in front of the students " Trust me, when I say there will be hell to pay if you ignore my warning, including expulsion, Juvenile prison , or worse.

I hadn't noticed until after the speech Ra' del gave, but all the kids, younger, my age and older were all staring at me. I felt a shiver run up my spine with that realization. I waved to let everyone know that I was in-fact real and this wasn't just some ruse.

The whispers revived to a roaring state "What if accidents happen". "I don't think he's gonna last". These statements didn't make me feel any better but I tried to stay strong

"One more thing, anyone who wants to meet James face to face can come do so now, If not you are dismissed." Ra' del added. No one came up, which was rather relieving.

After the meeting I had to get sent home while Alexis stayed, since it was still a normal school day for her. They told me they weren't ready for me just yet which was damn sure fine by me.

Mom swooped pass to get me in her customized Jaguar XF. They had it for a while now, long before I even became apart of the family. With a gloss red paint job and 22 inch rims you would never guess it was anything other than a brand new car.

Unfortunately at my size simple things like riding in a car are much more difficult than it would be for a normal person. To keep me safe and in place an additional seat was added to the passenger seat.

The ride home was a quiet one with a woman who is normally a chatterbox. The ominous silence was threatening to the point I wanted to break it but couldn't gather the bearings to do so.

I tried to talk mom out of enrolling me into school multiple times, and as long as I have a will I will keep trying. After returning from the long ride home Mom put me on the footrest of our couch and put on Japanese cartoons, also known as anime. I can't actually understand them and they don't usually have subtitles, but thats fine cause I only like the content.

At times like this she's either cleaning, dusting, or re-organizing, not because it always needs to be done but more so because its something she can do to pass time, not needing to work for a living. I felt now was the best time as any.

"Mom" I started asking her, before I could finish the telephone had started ringing. It was principal Ra' del. Mom told me he was coming at eight Pm tonight to discuss my enrollment, and that after Alexis got home she would give me a bath and re-dress me. Right out the window goes the opportunity to talk my self out of this potential hell hole.
© Copyright 2013 EddyD (lild1227 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item.php/item_id/1922767-Nine-Inches-or-less-Ch-2