*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000418-Old-but-gold
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#1000418 added December 18, 2020 at 2:05am
Restrictions: None
Old but gold
Old but gold

A lady had three sons-in-law and wanted to know who was the sincerest of them all. So she thought of trying them out one by one.

One day she asked the eldest one to come and help her in running some errands. On the way back home, she deliberately jumped into a water well and stared to drown. The eldest, without hesitation, jumped into the well and pulled her out to safety. Next morning when the eldest woke up, he saw a brand new car parked in his driveway. That was a gift from his mother-in-law as an appreciation!

A few days later, she was trying out the middle one. Same story, she asked him for a helping hand, jumps into a water well and, he saved her. Next morning when he woke up, he found a brand new motor bike parked in his driveway. Again, that was a gift from his mother-in-law!

A few days later, now she was trying out the youngest one. She jumped into the water well but the youngest was hesitant to jump after her. He thought for a few moments that the eldest saved her and got a car, the middle one saved her and got a bike so if he saved her she'd probably give me a bicycle, which is not worth the effort really. So he decided to let her drown.

The next morning he woke up to find a Ferrari parked up in his drive way. That was a gift from his father-in-law.! *Moral of the story:* Not all calculated risks lead to disastrous failures. A few might pleasantly surprise you too!

© Copyright 2020 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000418-Old-but-gold