*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000769-December-24-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1000769 added December 24, 2020 at 7:38am
Restrictions: None
December 24, 2020
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small


I love this image. Prompt: Proverbs 7:6-27 tells the story of a woman committing adultery. How do you think this ends?

I know this did not end well. Sin never ends well. Adulterers in the Old Testament were taken out and stoned if they were caught. It would not have ended well. I think what Solomon is saying here is that sin can be very enticing. The adulteress has her bed made up seductively and almost royally. Sin was pouring on the charm to look very appealing. Then a young man walks by it and is enticed by it. Sin always begins with a decision. Achan in Joshua 7 made a decision to steal some plunder from Jericho. If we go to Joshua 7 we will see that Achan says that he first saw the items he stole. He saw them. They appealed to him so he made the decision to steal them. Sin always begins with temptation and ends with a destructive decision.

For my blogPrompt: "We warped across the WDC galaxy this morning en route to a Christmas party and we saw Santa Claus making his annual trip. We also found a familiar star: Sunny and the planet was
BOOK
Acrostic Poems  (E)
Some interesting & creative,witty,charming & cleverly joyable poems Com'on in and see!
#920837 by Sunny

which left an impression on us. Tell us what you think. Are first impressions important?"

I think first impressions are important to an extent and I try to make a good first impression. However, I have often found that first impressions can be misleading. There is a nurse here at the Veterans Home where I work and live that I got the wrong first impression of. When I first met her I thought she was a crabby, cantankerous old hag. She has turned out to be one of the best nurses we have. She has bent over backwards to help veterans and I see that she is really dedicated to her job. So first impressions can be misleading. That is why I try never to judge based on first impressions. I want to get to know the facts, not work based on assumptions and misleading conclusions.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs Prompt: "Do you do store bought gifts or homemade gifts for your family? Which do you prefer to receive? A friend of mine suggested writing a short story for each of my grandchildren for Christmas. I wondered if others have. So I'm asking, have you ever done a short story for your loved ones?"

I think the personal touch is better. I seldom buy gifts. I usually don't have the money for them. However I try to let everybody know that I am thinking of them in some small way. The last gift I gave to members of my family were copies of my published books. I doubt that any of them have them any longer because I was always the outsider in my family. I have plenty of family today with my friends and my church.

Blog City image small "Prompt: Joy. Peace. Comfort. Use these words in your Blog entry today to write about Christmas and life."

I wish you all joy, peace, and comfort for Christmas and throughout the year to come. Merry Christmas!

Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000769-December-24-2020