*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000964-Post-Christmas
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #2240173
Starting back on the journey of writing after a brain surgery and a long break
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#1000964 added December 28, 2020 at 10:31pm
Restrictions: None
Post Christmas
It's Monday night and my energy seems to be at an all time low. I am just so tired. it's been a busy few days. Last Thursday was Christmas Eve. My adopted parents are in town from Tennessee. Of course since they were coming from a warm state, we here in MN decided to throw them a Welcome Home snow storm. They braved the storm and came over and made lasagna (my wife's favorite ) for dinner. Before dinner we talked and laughed and after dinner we put on a Christmas movie and all four of us promptly fell asleep.
Earlier that day I was helping a good friend of mine get ready to go to the airport. She deals of a lot of anxiety around taking these trips and is dealing with terminal cancer so needs a little extra help. I myself have PTSD and deal with anxiety myself and although I can put it aside to help others, sometimes once helping is finished and there is finally a moment of quiet in the chaos, it overwhelms me.
Then the phone rings, it is a friend down the hall. She is missing her son, who died of an overdose a little more than a year ago. I am missing my son, who doesn't call nearly enough and I wonder what is happening in his life. It is not that I haven't reached out to him, he just doesn't seem to have time for me. It's too bad, because no matter what, I will always make time for him in my life.
I am not meaning to complain, my Christmas was wonderful and I was able to get Mitzi the gifts she wanted. I really felt like I had the spirit of giving this year, I didn't want anyone to feel left out. We were able to, along with Veronica really bless our friend and neighbor Dwaine with some gifts and a bed/couch, cleaning supplies, dishes etc.. that he really needed. I think he was really surprised that people cared that much. It's amazing what community can do when we pull together. So I'm ending on a positive note. I'll try and write a blurb tomorrow. I'm starting the 30 day blogging challenge Jan 1, so we'll see how that goes!!

© Copyright 2020 Jordan Richelle (UN: jblpn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jordan Richelle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000964-Post-Christmas