*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000991-December-29-2020
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1000991 added December 29, 2020 at 8:31am
Restrictions: None
December 29, 2020
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Just an image Discuss Proverbs 8:6-11 which compares wisdom to gold and silver. What do you compare wisdom to? Wisdom in this case being Jesus? If you were to compare your walk with Jesus to something, what would that something be?

I know the admonition Jesus made about putting one's hand to the plow and looking back. He said that any who did so were not worthy of the kingdom. I have to look back occasionally however because I am a recovered addict. Looking back reminds me of how bad it was before. So if I compare Jesus to anything I will compare Him to the life and friends I had before. Of course there is no comparison. Every bit of wonder and awe I see in Jesus is comparable to an equal amount of pain and misery I see in my past. I think Jesus understands my reason for looking back. I do so only to glorify Him. The passage in Matthew is talking about looking back and wishing for things from the past. There is nothing in my past that I want. Drugs led me to hell and I stayed there for years. Jesus was my way out.

Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox "Prompt: I was cruising the galaxy with the Ewoks and we found this planet:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2209083 by Not Available.


How do you feel about the new year coming up? Your hopes and dreams?"

2020 has been a rough year as far as the COVID-19 virus but I have been blessed this year. I have learned a ton and eaten every day. I have wanted for nothing and I met my resolution, which was to obtain my peer recovery support specialist certification. For 2021 my resolution is to pass or at least be prepared to pass the IC&RC Alcohol and Drug Counselor's exams, both the written and the oral and obtain my ADC certification. I have yet to fail to meet a resolution so we will see how it goes.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: New Year's Memories. Write about a special New Year's Memory. Does it include a favorite food? Is there a New Year's superstition that a family member always insisted on following? Do you do something special every New Year's? Did a family member have a favorite saying about New Year's Day?"

My mother was always very superstitious. She insisted that we eat kraut and pork ribs on New Year's Day claiming it would bring good fortune throughout the year. My good fortune comes from Jesus Christ and He does not need help from superstitions like that.

Blog City image small "Prompt: What is one new thing you would do if you knew you couldn’t fail?"

Ride a bull in a rodeo.

Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors

© Copyright 2020 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1000991-December-29-2020