*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002141-Covid-or-Not-Make-up-Your-Mind
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1002141 added January 15, 2021 at 12:49am
Restrictions: None
Covid or Not, Make up Your Mind
Once again we got by pretty good for a winter storm, of course, it's not over until about noon tomorrow. However, the worst has passed us by and we didn't get much snow at all, less than an inch I would guess. It was warm enough to start as light rain, so it did get everything a bit icy before the glazing of snow settled on top of it. I took my daughter to a friend's house this morning to work on some schoolwork together and it was starting to mist out, by this afternoon when I picked her up, the roads were icy and slick. The worst we got was the high winds, but even they weren't as severe as predicted. Well, not for us here. The temperature did drop some, but not as cold as predicted, and now it's not looking like it's going to get nearly as cold as previously forecast.

My wife ended up calling in sick today and we are once again wondering if it may be Covid. We never did get a straight answer to our question of her and the girls being exposed over the last weekend at my mother-in-law's house. She is over eighty and has recently had heart surgery, so we are really hoping the person in question wasn't infected over the weekend. She wasn't feeling well but claimed it was a cold and that she had been tested and was negative. But then she changed it to testing positive. Now, we aren't sure if it was her who was tested or if she was exposed to someone else. Every time we try to find out, the story is different.

That's the problem with some people, they don't take any of this serious. I make my own choices about masks and what precautions I will use, but I don't make choices for others by going around anyone if I even suspect I may have been exposed. I figure it's alright to take risks with my own health, that's my choice, but I will not make choices for anyone else. As for the friend my daughter went to visit, they have been in contact several times since the weekend and the possible exposure. Even so, we contacted his parents and explained everything, they also figure if there was an exposer, it's already taken place, no sense in separating them now.

However, with the school about to start back up this next week, we do need to have my wife tested to make sure we don't send the two girls to school and expose numerous students and staff if there is an infection. She called to set up an appointment today, but they never returned her call, so tomorrow morning we have to set up a test and then wait for an answer. If she does test positive, the girls will be devastated! they managed to get through the shutdown, but they have been talking and getting more excited about going back to school for the last two weeks. It will crush them to have to stay home and quarantine. Again, all because one person refuses to take any of this seriously. He thinks it's all just blown out of proportion and does not take any precautions for himself and does not respect anyone else's right to be protected from him.

All we can do now is get tested, hope for the best, and wait for our chance to get vaccinated.


lkj

© Copyright 2021 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1002141-Covid-or-Not-Make-up-Your-Mind