*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003012-Pig-and-Pepper-The-Kitchen
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2242383
WDC's Wonderland Activity Writing
#1003012 added March 9, 2021 at 10:34pm
Restrictions: None
Pig and Pepper: The Kitchen
A Dish for the Duchess

I'm not much of a chef but let's see if the kitchen cook and I can pull this one off together. This is my go to dish this for a quick and easy meal.

Salmon Teriyaki

Ingredients:
Black Pepper
Galic Powder
Soy Sauce
Mirin Wine (You can substitute a sweet wine like sherry if you don't have Mirin)
Sesame Oil (Both this and Mirrin can be found at an Asian grocery store but most regular grocery stores have them too these days)
Ginger powder
Olive Oil (for coating the pan)
Honey (Optional)
and of course Salmon (I usually make about 4 fillets at once but you can also alter the recipe to two or three).

Cooking instructions
First we need to set up the baking tray. Let's cover it with aluminum foil and add a light coating of the olive oil so the fish doesn't stick to it

Add the salmon filets to the tray. Make sure the salmon is defrosted prior to using it. Luckily in this case the Duchess' cook has already done that.

Now we want to coat each piece of salmon with garlic powder and pepper. I will say that the Duchess' cook was really enthusiastic about helping me out with this part though she might have to ease up on the pepper just a little.

After that we add a tablespoon of sauce on top of each fish followed by 2 tablespoons of Mirin per filet.

Next we add half a teaspoon of sesame oil on top of each filet and we finish up by adding a small amount of ginger powder to each filet as well.

Afterwards, we have to set the temperature of the oven to about 400 degrees Fahrenheit and we want to bake the fish for about 15 to 20 minutes. It is important to check the Salmon every five minutes and use a spoon to coat the salmon with the sauce that has accumulated around it. It helps to keep the fish moist.

When the fish is done baking. You may want to drizzle a little bit of honey onto each filet if you prefer a sweeter taste. In the Duchess' case it seems like that might be a good idea.

Finally as Emeril Lagasse would say Bam!... A dish fit for a queen or in this case... a Duchess!
-*Castle*

397 Words

Prompt
2."The Kitchen" - The Duchess has given you the task of preparing dinner. With the aid of the cook, let's know what and how you prepare this most tasty (or not) dish. (<1000 words)

© Copyright 2021 KingsSideCastle (UN: kingscastle1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KingsSideCastle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003012-Pig-and-Pepper-The-Kitchen