*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003025-The-Roman-Index
Rated: GC · Book · Comedy · #2174505
It was common knowledge, but most people didn't know it.
#1003025 added January 27, 2021 at 9:25pm
Restrictions: None
The Roman Index



Back in the day, the Roman Catholic church had control over the media.
Only the clergy could read the Latin Vulgate Bible.
The Apostle Paul ordered the converts of Ephesus to burn their magical books.
The Council of Nice in 325 AD condemned Arius' book Thaila and ordered
all books containing the Arius heresy be burned: (Socrates, Hist, Eccles.1:9).
Arius did not believe Jesus is God, but rather a prophet.
Copernicus and Galileo were also placed on the Roman Index.
Catholic doctrine stated that the Earth was the center of the universe.
A hundred years later the ban on Copernicus and Galileo was lifted..

Why did the founding fathers place freedom of speech above all else?
It is the 1st amendment of the United States constitution.
The founding fathers knew what it was like to live under a tyrant.
Free speech overturned the king's rule.
I am practicing free speech in this little article.

Reflections~"Be careful not to give away your freedom for security," Benjamin Franklin.

Bob County


© Copyright 2021 bob county (UN: muzzy43 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
bob county has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003025-The-Roman-Index