*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003459-Go-Fish
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1003459 added February 2, 2021 at 12:28am
Restrictions: None
Go Fish!
A new week, a new month, and yes, a new year. January started out just fine, I was eager for mid-month and the girls returning to school so I would have more time alone. Time I was going to use to write and do some ice fishing as well as get some projects done at home. Then, we had a Covid exposure and my wife got sick and was quarantined until later in the month. Since the girls were also exposed, they would be home a couple of weeks longer, too. At least, that's what we thought. But, they went into quarantine from the date my wife completed her quarantine, no school until February eighth. That was a big disappointment for all of us, but nothing could be done to change it. If that wasn't enough to screw up the month, I ended up with a sinus infection, then gave myself a mild concussion, and before that had healed, got sick myself. The only good part of it all is neither of the girls got sick at all.

But, I started feeling better three days ago and have been free of fever and symptoms for the last three days. I did quite a bit today and didn't even run out of energy. So, February is looking pretty good and I'm at least getting some work done around the house. Soon, I should be able to get out ice fishing, and if the girls continue to show no symptoms, they still get to return to school on the eighth.

I also started working more towards losing some extra pounds I put on since the pandemic hit, and if the weather isn't too cold, plan on start walking a bit each day. I'm also logging what I eat and have cut back a lot on how much coffee I drink; the last few days about half of what I normally would. I did make another pot today, but I only had a couple of cups from it. I'm also cutting out a lot of salt, and that's the tough part. Cooking from scratch makes it easy, but anything from the restaurants or canned, boxed, and even frozen has so much damn salt added to it.

I'm positive and motivated, and hopefully, in a week or two, I can post here about my achievements and let you know if I'm catching any fish.

© Copyright 2021 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003459-Go-Fish