*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003542-February-3-2021
Rated: 13+ · Book · Activity · #2056808
This contains entries to Take up Your Cross, Space Blog, Blog City PF and BC of Friends
#1003542 added February 3, 2021 at 8:56am
Restrictions: None
February 3, 2021
Created by the talented  [Link To User poulynoe] Made by the talented A. E. Wilcox }Image for BCOF members to put in their blogsBlog City image small

Just an image "1 In the beginning was the Word,
and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him;
and without him was not any thing made that was made."
(John 1:1-3, KJV)

-----------------------

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."
(Genesis 1:1, KJV)

-----------------------

Prompt: Who is the Word, and how are these two passages related?

This is a really good question Jay O'Toole . I can sink my teeth into this one because I spent a great deal of time last semester studying it. The Word John refers to here is Jesus Christ. For a long time the early church was divided about who Jesus was. One of the major divisions was the Gnostics who taught that Jesus was not human at all but that Jesus merely appeared human. Therefore they believed He did not really have a birth nor did He really die. They believed He was merely a Spirit, though that Spirit was divine.

Another division of the church held the exact opposite stance. They believed Jesus was 100% human and that He lived such an impeccable life that He became divine. This of course was also wrong.

The divisions among the church as to whether Jesus was human or divine nearly ripped the church apart for decades in the second century. Councils were held declaring one doctrine after another heresy and proponents heretics. The problem lay in the wording. The Bible says that God begat Jesus. What does begat mean?

One of the church fathers, and I cannot rightly remember whom, suggested that the definition meant that Jesus shone forth from God eternally. God has always existed and Jesus existed co-eternally with God as an expression of God's essence. It's a really deep theological subject, but the long and the short of it that Jesus has always been a part of the God-head, just as the Father and Holy Spirit are part of the Godhead. Jesus chose to become a man without losing His divinity. Therefore He is 100% God and 100% man. The man Jesus was born and died and saved us. Jesus the God is eternal and took part in creation. He is literally the Word of God or the Logos because every scripture in the Bible is about Him or part of His story.

For my blog Prompt: I was cruising the galaxy with ET and found this planet: (248)
Read this item:
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#2118660 by Not Available.



Write about twilight.

I always sort of liked twilight. To me it means the work day is done and I can look back and reflect on a job well done or I can plan how to do better next time. Twilight can be frightening to some folks, especially those who have dementia. One of the symptoms of early dementia is that the person begins to hallucinate around sundown. The jury is still out on why but my guess is that the brain is preparing for sleep. If I fail to take my medication for narcolepsy my brain falls asleep while I am awake and I see things because I'm dreaming! Twilight is both good and bad.

Image for BCOF members to put in their blogs "Prompt: Valentine's Day: What kind of gift would you like a secret admirer to give you on Valentine's Day? Would you like to know who your secret admire was? Have you ever had a secret admirer?"

I've never had a secret admirer. I don't want anything for Valentine's Day.

Blog City image small "Prompt: What is the strangest news you have found on the internet?"

I was trying to avoid politics butt you asked. The strangest news I have ever heard on the Internet or anyplace else was that Biden won the election after clearly stating he was going to raise taxes, cut jobs, and basically gut the economy more than COVID has.



Signature for finalists in 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for nominees of the 10th annual Quill AwardsSig for nomineesA signature image for use by anyone nominated for a Quill in 2018Signature for nominees of the 2019 Quill AwardsA signature for those who sponsored the 2017 Quill AwardsSignature image for sponsors of the 2018 Quill AwardsSignature for use by 2019 Quill Awards sponsors







© Copyright 2021 Chris Breva (UN: marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chris Breva has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003542-February-3-2021