*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003604-Im-Busy-Go-Talk-To-Your-Pet-Pet
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#1003604 added February 4, 2021 at 12:04am
Restrictions: None
I'm Busy, Go Talk To Your Pet, Pet.
I usually shy away from religious and political writing, but tonight I'm making an exception. Even so, it's not fully on religion, just the story of the fall from Eden. I don't remember just how it got brought up in the first place, but a few evenings ago my wife and I ended up in a discussion on the topic of who should get the blame.

Of course, according to the story, Eve was tricked by the serpent and took the fruit and ate of it. Then she presented it to Adam, who knew better, took it from her and ate anyway. In this context, Eve sinned first, but she was tricked; I know, still no excuse, but for the sake of argument. Then, presenting the fruit to Adam, he took it without trickery and knowingly sinned. We know how the story goes from there.

In this context, the woman gets the blame but did anyone stop to ask her why she listened to the serpent? What else was going on at the time, and why was she off with her pet instead of with her man? There are more questions that should be answered, although it will make no difference in the end.

The way I see it, Adam was lonely so Eve was created to be his companion. The perfect woman designed just for him, truly a match made in, well in the Garden. But, in creation, God had provided everything Adam had needed. He was content for a while, but then decided he wanted a mate. It's right there, the start of the fall, Adam, the man, being discontent with all that he had.

I'm sure Adam adored Eve and for a time it was bliss. But for how long had he been the only person? For how long had he made all the decisions based on only his desires? How long had he enjoyed the peace and tranquility of the Garden? Now, he has a partner who also wants some things, she loves him and wants to be a part of all that he does, and she loves talking with her man.

How long before Adam discovered one must be careful about what one wishes, it may come true? In time I'm sure Adam realized how much he had lost in his gaining a partner. But, what could he do, ask God to turn back into a rib? No, that would only prove he was wrong and God was right. Hey, doesn't that sound like Lucifer's rant?

Of course, being the man, he could fix this, but how. Well, he couldn't ditch Eve, so he needed to give her something to do. So, here are all these animals maybe she can pick one for a pet. Sure, she needs a pet, that way she can spend time with her pet and Adam can have a break from her. I'm sure it got to a point that whenever she spent too much time with her man, he would tell her, go talk to your pet for a while, I gave you that pet and it's your responsibility.

This worked great, but what Adam didn't realize, her pet was talking back to her. Eve no longer needed to put up with the rejection she felt from Adam, she could talk to her pet who understood her perfectly. Of course, Adam wasn't any the wiser, Eve was occupied and that suited him fine. Yep, Adam was on top of it all, he had it all now, the trophy wife, the Garden, and all the time he wanted for himself. Well, until he found out that her pet had convinced her to eat the forbidden fruit.

Yes, the woman took the blame for the first sin, but isn't discontentment also a sin? No, I guess it's not, it's just the fuel needed to get things rolling. I'm sure he also passed the original story down through the generations just to cover up his part in the mess, just as men have been trying to cover their asses ever since...

© Copyright 2021 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003604-Im-Busy-Go-Talk-To-Your-Pet-Pet