*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003925-H-The-Mock-Turtles-Story-1----And-The-Moral-of-That-Is
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2242515
This is where you will find all the Wonderland Contest items.
#1003925 added February 7, 2021 at 7:15pm
Restrictions: None
H. The Mock Turtle's Story #1 - "And The Moral of That Is"



“You’re Fired”


I had a job I really thought I wanted, a medical assistant. I was dismissed from another job for emailing a statement that, while true, was not very flattering to the person mentioned. The job doesn’t matter, the company doesn’t matter. I was scared, since I held the health insurance for both of us.

But I was trained as a medical assistant, so when a position came open close by, I applied and received the job. I had no way of knowing I was entering into a closed group of co-workers who never really accepted me. The dismissed employee left me with no instructions so I had to learn on the job, a fast-paced urgent care center.

The manager was no help, the work load unreasonable. I was still recovering from a bad car accident at the time, so I probably shouldn’t have been working. But that is neither here nor there.

So I eventually scheduled a surgery for my hip. The manager told me I had to call her every day of my recovery to tell her what I was doing. At this point, I don’t really remember what I told her. But as I told my husband this, we agreed this was an unreasonable request.

During my recovery from the surgery, I was told I had not done my job properly. I had left paperwork undone, and as a result, had lost money for the corporation that ran the clinic. Goodbye, you’re fired.
No ‘How are you?’ ‘Do you need anything?’

And the moral of the story is:
Never put off til tomorrow what you should do today. Always do your paperwork as soon as you can. Meet your deadlines.

Oh, and never, ever, send an email that you might regret. Be kind, always.

W/C 303



Queen Norma Jean *Crown*

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003925-H-The-Mock-Turtles-Story-1----And-The-Moral-of-That-Is