*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003989-Tweedledum-and-Tweedledee
Rated: ASR · Book · Nonsense · #2242700
Wonderland blog
#1003989 added February 8, 2021 at 3:20pm
Restrictions: None
Tweedledum and Tweedledee
Contrariwise

One man sits on a park bench. He wears a suit and tie. A woman wearing a tie-dyed grateful dead concert shirt sits next to him. "Hi, Do you mind?"

He frowns at her, "Since you've already sat, I suppose not."

The woman pulls a clipboard from her messenger bag, "Would you like to sign this petition?"

"Probably not, what is it about?"

"Legalizing Marijuana," She answers with a smile.

"I think not."

She reaches into her bag again pulling out a button, "Campaign button?"

"For who?"

"Biden of course!"

"Why the election is over?" He grumbled, "Biden stole it!"

"You're for Trump?"

"Yes, any sane person would be."

"I suppose you are for the wall too."

"Actually it would help stem the tide of illegal immigrants taking over this country."

"They are just looking for a better life."

"Why are you passing out buttons for an election that is over?"

"There is another one in four years."

"And here I thought hippies like you didn't think ahead."

"Hippie? I am an upstanding housewife from the suburbs. I am representative of this country!"

"No, I am an upstanding business man and I am representative of this country."

A pigeon on the ground cooed, "You are both full of this." It took off spreading pigeon poo over both of them.

219 words

The Rattle

I had set up a pillow fortress with all of the pillows from the house. I was sitting in the fortress tooting on my plastic clarinet from the circus when my little sister came in the room. "I want to play!"

"There isn't room in the fort but you can play my clarinet." I hold the clarinet out to her.

"I want to be in the fort! You never let me do fun stuff with you!"

I am still holding out the clarinet, "That isn't true! You could play the clarinet for now..."

She snatches the clarinet and takes a swing at my head with it. I see stars and hear busting plastic.

I rock backwards crying, "Mom she hit me!"

That is how most of our sibling rivalries ended up.

131 words

© Copyright 2021 Spring in my Sox (UN: rinsoxy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Spring in my Sox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1003989-Tweedledum-and-Tweedledee