*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1005168-LILAMAYEE-MA
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #2171316
As the first blog entry got exhausted. My second book
#1005168 added February 24, 2021 at 5:12am
Restrictions: None
LILAMAYEE MA


Given below are two. miracle-laden incidents as narrated by my wife Smt. Tushar Chaudhuri who had the rare good fortune and privilege of travelling with Ma throughout the length and breadth of the country. The incidents reveal Ma's supernatural glory as well as Her unbounded affection and blissful compassion.
-Author



When I met Shree Shree Ma Anandamayee for the third time at Simla Kalibari, I was then a College student. Before this, I had the good fortune to have Mother's darshan on two occasions in Delhi. After this third meeting with Ma, my acquaintance with and reverence for Her grew deeper and deeper solely due to Ma's unbounded Kripa (blessings) and unaccountable con)passion. Even now when I think of Mother's most intimate and often partial favour bestowed on a most ordinary and insignificant person like me, my heart fills with profound wonder. But who can comprehend Mother's Lila? Many miraculous and unbelievable incidents concerning me had happened at Ma's Kheyal (spontaneous wishes) and all those now seem to be illusory visions of dreamland. Presented below are two of those miracle-laden incidents.
I

It was the month of April. Ma came to Simla from Solan where she stayed for a couple of days in the estate of Raja Saheb of Solan who was popularly known as ‘Jogibhai' (this name was given to him by Ma). At Simla, Ma stayed with Her party at Kalibari (guest-house attached to Kali temple). Ma's arrival created a stir and roused keen interest in the local people, particularly the Bengali community which was very much anxious to have Ma's darshan and satsang. But my interest was not as keen as theirs mainly because I had till then no close contact with Ma although I had two earlier darshans of Her.
On Ma's arrival at Simla, my parents used to go daily for Her darshan and I used to stay back at home for my studies. One day, they insisted on my accompanying them and I agreed. On my doing pranam, Ma rewarded me with a fascinating smile which, surprisingly enough, generated a deep inclination in my heart to go to Her daily. Ma however seldom spoke to me for which I felt depressed but in spite of my mental depression, I kept on going.
At Kalibari, I used to hear many interesting conversations among the devotees about Ma's supernatural powers and miracles. Some devotees would describe Ma as Antarjamini (knower of everything that passes in other's heart), others remarked that at a single glance at one's face, Ma could at once know the uppermost thought in the devotee's mind, while some others said that Ma had appeared to different persons at different places in different forms, such as, Ma Durga, Ma Kali etc. But I was not impressed by such anecdotes which sounded to me as nothing but fairy-tales.
It is a fact of life that at times there are situations when our mind and intellect refuse to accept blindly whatever we hear, no matter how astonishing and uncommon the subject-matter might be. I myself was a victim of such a situation as I could not take for granted all that I heard about Ma's supernatural powers and divine glories. I, there-fore, took a challenging decision to test Ma as to whether She actually possessed an uncanny power of knowing exactly about the wishes and desires that arose in a devotee's heart.
I knew that Ma was a great lover of songs and during each darshan time Ma used to ask somebody from among the assembled devotees to sing. Sometimes She would ask two or three persons to sing. I therefore devised a plan for testing Ma. I decided to go henceforth for Ma's darshan with a strong desire in my mind to sing before Her only if Ma asked me to sing. I did not divulge this decision either to my parents or anybody else. I then started to practice a particular song thoroughly at home. My acquaintance with Ma at that time was only superficial and it seemed not possible for Her know whether I could sing or not. As I did not put much credence in those miracle-laden stories which I heard from the devotees, I was bubbling with joy in my heart at the thought that I would surely win in the test planned by me.
For the next two days, I did not go to Kalibari for Ma's darshan. On the third afternoon, I volunteered to go for Ma's darshan and my mother accompanied me to Kalibari. When we reached there, we found Ma sitting on a cot in the big hall and radiating a transcendental Light all around. The hall was almost packed to capacity. Inwardly, my thought centred round the fact that my role that day was that of a mute tester and as such I intentionally took a back seat at quite a distance from Ma. Everybody in the hall sat absorbed and spellbound in Divine peace blissfully emanating from Ma.
After some time, Ma answered to some questions put to Her by two devotees. Ma then asked one girl to sing and when she finished, She asked another. On my part, I entertained the hope that Ma would surely ask me to sing and defeat me in the test, thereby providing an unmistakable proof that Ma did possess an all-knowing and all-pervading consciousness. An hour ticked by and during this period, Ma did not even cast a single glance towards me.
This indifference led me to conclude that I was going to win the test and Ma to lose. I fixed my gaze on Ma and decided that on coming out of the Hall after the darshan was over, I would boldly tell those who spin stories about Ma's supernatural powers that I had got clear proof that Ma did not possess such powers.
After a while, some devotees with the intention of leaving the hall, approached Ma to do obeisance. On seeing this, my own mother told me that it was time for us also to leave. I agreed. I went near Ma, did my pranam and as I raised my head to get up Ma said "Are you leaving now? Won't you let me hear your song? Just sing at least one song for me." I was stunned and dumbfounded to hear Ma's words. In reply I murmured: "My father is about
to return home from office. I have come with my mother and the keys of the house are with us." Ma replied "Don't worry. Today your father will be late to return home. First sing a song and then go home."
I therefore sat down and as I was getting ready, Ma said with a smile: "Sing that very song which you have practised so hard." At this, my astonishment knew no bounds and I wondered how Ma knew all about my plan.
After I finished singing, I looked up and found Ma looking straight towards me with a bewitching smile on Her face. The smile seemed to communicate the message that I have lost the contest and Ma has won. My heart filled with joy. I felt a wonderful delight which was hitherto unknown to me. I also realised that this was one of thousands of mysterious incidents that very often take place around Ma.
I then went to Ma and did pranam. Ma touched my head with Her hand and smiled. I then left the hall with the firm conviction that Ma is an all-pervading Divine consciousness for whom there is no limitation of space and time and that She is undoubtedly Antarjamini, jai Ma.


© Copyright 2021 sindbad (UN: sindbad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sindbad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1005168-LILAMAYEE-MA