*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1005725-Matthew-5-March32021
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2235304
A book to keep track of bible studies and other spiritual wisdoms.
#1005725 added March 3, 2021 at 10:39am
Restrictions: None
Matthew 5-March3,2021

owl for signature use *Vine1*



Prompt from Marvelous Friend:
Continuing the topic of the beatitudes, let's look at the next three in line.

Matthew 5:7-9
7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Explain what these three verses mean to you.

Matthew 5: 7: Do unto others as you would want others to do to you. I read this in my OLD TESTAMENT readings last week. And, as a testimony to God's concern for everyone. It is where the definition for the word Karma originated. A prophecy of cause and effect in all existence.

Matthew 5;8: The pure in heart, I think of abilities to know the right thing to do at the right time within the will of God. Also, abilities to turn away evil and resist impulsive actions. These things come when the seeking person grows in Christian virtues and maturity as study draws us closer to the supreme being.

Matthew 5:9: Old Testament says God desires peace not war. God is grounded in peace. Christ's example during his life on the earth. People thought if the messiah showed up he would lead an army to destroy the Romans. Actually he did. But, not in the way they thought they would see it happen.

In a proper peace prosperity is the outcome for society. Prosperity and peace spread like the ripples in a pond if you throw in a bit of peace to get it started.

Sunshine here is melting the snow. Everyday the fields are greener. Summer birds are returning. I watched a flock of Robins fly in Sunday and yesterday a flock of red winged black birds raided the feeders. The equinox is March 20. All natural blessings from the Son who owns the earth and all animals.













apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2021 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1005725-Matthew-5-March32021