*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1005899-March-5--6
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2235304
A book to keep track of bible studies and other spiritual wisdoms.
#1005899 added March 6, 2021 at 7:19am
Restrictions: None
March 5 & 6
owl for signature use *FlowerR*



Prompt:Marvelous Friend
Matthew 5:13
Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Right after the beatitudes, Jesus says we are the salt of the earth. What does it mean to be the salt of the earth?


According to Google there are about 14,000 uses for salt. As a seasoning, stain remover, melts ice, stops grease fires, soothe bee stings, kills mildew, and so many others.

So, the follower of Christ finds in his path obstacles that the Holy God intends for the believer to deal with. Obstacles that we have a different understanding of than an unbeliever would recognize. Jesus depends on us to be a vehicle for help. What we learn from the Holy Spirit from day to day is useful as salt to heal a wound.

Prompt:
There are some other scriptures that speak of spiritual blessings besides the beatitudes. I hope for us to take a look at some of them over the next few days.

James 1:12
Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

What does it mean to endure temptation?


Temptation is a desire to do or use something that should not be done or used. It can be as simple as leaving that one cookie in the cookie jar or as extreme as murdering a neighbor who is stealing your tools.

You know a carrot is better for you than a cookie and according to scripture laws in a country are suppose to bring justice in extreme cases of unsavory characters.

Some temptations should be avoided so you are not compounding the temptation by influencing someone else to indulge.


Everyone is tempted by something. Denial is a temptation.









apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2021 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1005899-March-5--6