*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006401-Words-Matter
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1006401 added March 14, 2021 at 10:38pm
Restrictions: None
Words Matter

PROMPT March 14th

In your entry, make a list of your favorite words to say. Then describe why they are your favorites and include a pronunciation guide for your readers. Brownie points if you can use your words in a sentence.


Hmm. Favorite words? All words are favorites. Where is the dictionary? I used to read the dictionary as a kid. Part of the reason my sister called me weird. Back then, I read everything I could get my hands on. Dictionaries, encyclopedias, books in a day, cereal boxes, newspapers, National Geographics, anything with words. Back before the internet folks, printed words were food to me. I devoured words.

I was in a spelling bee once. Came in second. I was berated by my father for losing ‘to that girl’. I was so shy, it was a wonder I was on stage at all. But, whatever, I still have that little trophy to being brave in the 7th grade. I still like to spell. It is something I think I have some skill doing.

Speaking of spelling bees, have you ever seen the movie “Akeelah and the Bee”? Good little story about overcoming obstacles, especially as a black child in a poor family. And then it goes deeper into learning, getting past the snubbing at school if you are smart, and how you have to learn words. How the origin of words matter; the Latin, the Greek. It also shows how a community can band together to help raise a child. Watch it.

I will enter a contest and use the required number of words. If I win the contest, then those words will be my favorites.

But I do have a Bible verse I am particularly fond of for the words it contains.

1 John 4:8
“Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.”








© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006401-Words-Matter