*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006434-Revelation-03152021
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2235304
A book to keep track of bible studies and other spiritual wisdoms.
#1006434 added March 15, 2021 at 12:01pm
Restrictions: None
Revelation 03/15/2021

March 15, 2021
Prompt:
Revelation 20:6
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

This is talking about the 1,000 year reign of Christ at the end of days. Explain the first resurrection and the second death.

Marvelous Friend


Owl with signature *TulipP* Spring is on its way!


Without further study, I think of Jesus resurrection and before the ascension; He went into the earth to resurrect ancient believers. Then, they ascended into heaven with him.

Another place in Revelation 14:3 talks about 144,000 males who were followers of God who never told a lie and were virgins. These people would be priests to the Lord in heaven. Is this the scripture, Jehovah's Witnesses are founded on?

It’s interesting to read this. Because, it would be one of the things that would anger woman to think if Jesus considers all sexual activity between male and females a defilement? The bible I am reading says, “had not defiled themselves with women.” Definitely King David or even Abraham would not be among these?

When I read scripture like this I think back to some minor studies about “The Women’s Bible.” I’ve read some of it but, could not agree with some of the ideas presented in it. These statements are something that could easily be taken out of context. As for me I would be looking for the contextual reasoning. It needs more study.

The second death? May be death of the body? Since having died and been resurrected bodily death would have no power over them a second time? But, this is just wondering because I have not studied these particular scriptures or spent time looking up specifics in revelations.

Another Revelations scripture uses this as a spiritual death experienced; when you accept that everyone sins. Sin is a real fact and accepting what Jesus accomplished by shedding his blood for us is the only way for salvation now.

As a journalist I find that the deeper you get into scripture the more you need to learn. There are always controversial subjects that come up. This is why over the centuries there are splits in the churches. Need comfort when studying all this? I just read in Isaiah God judges with equity. We can trust God's judgments.

Revelations is interesting but, not a book I’ve spent much time researching.












apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2021 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006434-Revelation-03152021