*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006294-Be-Aware
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2235304
A book to keep track of bible studies and other spiritual wisdoms.
#1006294 added March 13, 2021 at 2:02pm
Restrictions: None
Be Aware
Prompt:
Luke 12:37-40
37 Blessed are those servants, whom the lord when he cometh shall find watching: verily I say unto you, that he shall gird himself, and make them to sit down to meat, and will come forth and serve them.
38 And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants.
39 And this know, that if the goodman of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched, and not have suffered his house to be broken through.
40 Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.

What does it mean to watch and be ready? What are we watching for?

Marvelous Friend

Owl with signature *TreeCypress*


Luke 21:5-38

Watching by study and keeping yourself daily in contact with the Holy Spirit and the world view.

I watch for anything that would cause an effective change in my life.

Watching causes lots of different types of thoughts.

For instance, a teacher in college told me these scriptures would not come to pass again, for a lot of years, because it basically sounds like the final destruction of the earth. This teacher did not expect the earth to be scientifically involved with this type of destruction until the sun burns out? All of my life I have had to seek knowledge and test knowledge given to me by other people.

Jesus prophesied in a lot of scriptures the destruction of the temple and Jerusalem. Prophecies which made him unpopular, because the city and the temple were virtually built to with stand anything man could throw, within the historical time of the Lord's ministry in flesh on the earth.

It was interesting how unprepared everyone in the USA was about Covid 19. I did some research in March and discovered that we had warnings from some scientist of a possibility of pandemic. The warnings were heeded in the respect that a group of people were formed in the government to study and watch for this. They were disbanded and considered irrelevant just before pandemic hit the world. Also, the public seemed very uninformed.

I know people who are sure something else will happen soon and people who scoff at the be ready part.

In Jerusalem when the Romans destroyed the Temple, thousands of people were slaughtered who thought the city was safe.

The journalist part of me does not mind hearing other ideas from people, Christian or non Christian.

The warnings and Biblical prophecy, exists about all kinds of things, that happen in life, not just the end of time on the earth. We can be prepared if we study and listen.









apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2021 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006294-Be-Aware