*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006516-Words
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by ~MM~
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #2101544
Mutterings, musings and general brain flatulence.
#1006516 added March 16, 2021 at 5:08pm
Restrictions: None
Words
Challenge: In your entry, make a list of your favorite words to say. Then describe why they are your favorites and include a pronunciation guide for your readers. Brownie points if you can use your words in a sentence.




I have a number of favourite words and funnily enough I was thinking about this very question a few days ago (as in before the prompt was posted, because I'm late in responding).
*Bulletg* Surreptitious; adjective, meaning something being kept secret, in particular something that might not be approved of. Pronounced ser-rup-tish-us.
I love that surreptitious sounds secretive. You've got that shhhh sound in the middle and I find (for me) it conjures up both dark alleys and mysterious strangers and dead-drops, and yet also children whispering in pillow forts and sharing sweeties. Danger and innocence. Fear and excitement. Terror and giggles.
With a surreptitious motion, the mage twitched his fingers and the box disappeared.


*BulletG* Library; if I need to describe that here, the you're on the wrong website. And hopefully I don't need to give a pronunciation guide or explain myself. But hey, it's a damn good word; whether it's a book-nook in your own home, an e-reader in your backpack, a vaulted cavern lined with dusty scrolls, or the more pedestrian and still wonderful public library full of dogeared large print novels, a library is one of the most wondrous places on Earth.
That scene, that scene in Beauty & The Beast. You know the one, when he just gives her the most glorious library ever envisioned.


New Image for the 30DBC

© Copyright 2021 ~MM~ (UN: miget_mushroom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
~MM~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006516-Words