*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006610-Luke-6-and-7
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2235304
A book to keep track of bible studies and other spiritual wisdoms.
#1006610 added March 18, 2021 at 12:28pm
Restrictions: None
Luke 6 and 7
Prompt:
Luke 7:23
And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.

What does it mean to be offended in Christ? How can we keep ourselves from being offended in him?

Marvelous Friend

Owl with signature *Leaf2G*


Reference:Psalms 119:(shin; v,165) Great peace have they that love thy law; And they have no occasion of stumbling.

Reference: Luke chapter 6: especially starting with verse 20 after the apostles were chosen from the disciples.

My Bible uses the word stumbling in place of the word offended. Jesus did not teach people to stumble. He gave more wisdom and understanding to the scriptures being used as guidance at that time. For instance in the beginning of Chapter 6:2 Jesus was being criticized for harvesting grain on the sabbath. Their laws were very strict but, Jesus understood people's hunger for freedom in their hearts. Not a freedom to do wrong but freedom to find ways to do right.

Is everything you do criticized? Welcome to the life of Christ. The outer edges of fields were not harvested, so the poor could take the growing crop to help feed their families. I think it is in Leviticus?

Always be careful about what you hear someone else is doing. Get proof before you make judgment. Stumbling in life can be caused by people meddling in someone else's life or false information or ?? I think some of the warnings we read in Proverbs apply to this scripture.

Read all of Luke 7 for more clarification. Luke 7:35 Jesus was speaking of John the Baptist who was imprisoned at this time. From prison John had a moment of need. He needed to be certain of the Christ and certain his imprisonment was not his own vanity.

When you commit to the Christ all kinds of things will be thrown at you. Keep your sight on Christ, who is a real live person.

















apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2021 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006610-Luke-6-and-7