*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006611-Ten-Days-of-Happiness-Day-8
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#1006611 added March 18, 2021 at 5:39pm
Restrictions: None
Ten Days of Happiness: Day 8
Istijlal (Majesty) 18 Ala (Loftiness) 177 B.E. - Thursday, March 18, 2021

Ten Days of Happiness:
Day 8

It’s OK not to be OK. Everyone faces adversity in their lives and it's completely normal.

When faced with a difficult situation, you have a choice about how you respond. You can let it bring you down, or you can do something to help you overcome it. This is called resilience.

Think of something that’s causing you stress at the moment. Here are some ideas to help you bounce back. Plan to do one of these today or come up with your own:

A problem shared is a problem halved. Call a friend or family member and talk about what’s going on. A problem shared my be halved only if you can share it with your family without being given unasked for advice. Sharing with friends is sometimes easier than sharing with family. I find that it's better to take my problems to Baha'u'llah, meditate on the solutions, and act on the solution I come to.

Reframe the situation. Look for a way to see this as an opportunity and respond constructively to it. Any situation, problem, or issue is either an opportunity and/or a tests. If at first I don't dealt with it, I will have to face it again.

Shift your perspective by doing something that brings you joy, like exercising, reading or listening to music. I listened to the music accompanying a prayer Lakota Suit prayer. The music and prayer helped change my perspective by making me smile.


What will you do to be more resilient today?

Let go of any problem or issues that comes up by pausing and saying a prayer to place the situation in God's hands.


© Copyright 2021 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006611-Ten-Days-of-Happiness-Day-8