*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006637-Small-town-Life
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1006637 added March 18, 2021 at 10:35pm
Restrictions: None
Small-town Life
PROMPT March 18th

If you were hired to show tourists what life is really like where you live, what would you show them or have them do?


I guess I would first show them the museum across the street. It gives folks a realistic view of Roundup, Montana through the years. From beginning to boom to bust to boom to bust. Then I would take them to my friend Mary Jane’s little farm and show them a sheep/cattle/chicken ranch. It’s kinda down in the dumps unfortunately since she does all the work herself. Her husband disappears most days doing his own thing in Roundup. Don't ask. She also does a big garden for selling at a farmer’s market in Billings. But last year with the virus, she was stuck here at a flea market in Roundup. Then I would maybe take them with me on a Meals on Wheels day. We would do the rounds delivering meals, sit with the saints as we eat the meal we just delivered and chat with others, then go to my house for a bit. After a rest, we would go to my church for a prayer meeting. And after some time with the Lord we go to a thrift store to volunteer and have some fun. A full day for sure.

A few days in a small town in Montana would be filled with volunteering, meeting friends, church, a few homemade meals, and if it’s nice weather, we'd enjoy a nice visit on the porch swing as we ponder life.



© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006637-Small-town-Life