*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006673
Rated: XGC · Book · Opinion · #1501776
May my opinions gather wind under their wings and fly, perchance to soar.
#1006673 added March 19, 2021 at 4:25pm
Restrictions: None
Americans are anti-Asian.
Americans are anti-Asian
19.march.2021

A fragment? Thoughts I shared with Joey Huestis on foosbaak:

"I'll mention this for these next four years. It's up to his constituents and if his constituents are ok (remember this is Texas) with this language than all the outcry may not matter. Go there Joey, explain to his people that his racism is NOT acceptable. And do it in their language. Reach the White Identity folk, the White Supremicists, The Christian uber alles cults. Yes, I challenge you because you have the journalistic skills! But folks like you and Holly (in Houston!) need to get out of the bubble of outrage and speak to the other side. That's where change will begin. And yes, you've both made fantastic efforts in that regard but many of your faux-outrage and shit-flinging friends have not. I have Asian friends who mentioned this while DJT was spouting his hatred; it's not new to me. And friends who have experienced problems during Covid-Times. Even I was confronted when I got back from Taiwan. The anti-Asian rhetoric is very very American. Chip Roy is just one of the poster children for this racism. He's not the source. Americans are."
701

© Copyright 2021 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006673