*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006858-What-are-Grits
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by ~MM~
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #2101544
Mutterings, musings and general brain flatulence.
#1006858 added March 22, 2021 at 8:03am
Restrictions: None
What are Grits?
Challenge: What food or dish have you never eaten but would really like to try?


I've been really lucky with both food and travel (and to me, they go very much hand-in-hand). I utterly love trying new foods, and as a result, there aren't many things that I know about that I haven't tried. Whenever I'm faced with a new food I want to taste it (note to self, jellyfish and guinea-pig are definitely-been-there,-done-that,-never-again foodstuffs). Of course every time I travel to a new place I find something on the menu I've never heard of (ahi poke and trout ceviche now make my mouth water just thinking about them).

But I guess the only thing that springs to mind for having not tried and would really like to, would be grits. I still haven't (even with the help of Google) quite worked out what grits are (basically porridge made with maize rather than oats?) or how it's pronounced (grits, like tiny bits of gravel/stone, as a plural? Like the French for grey?). And what exactly do you eat it with, or is it on its own?

I'm so confused, help me out!

The Original Logo.

© Copyright 2021 ~MM~ (UN: miget_mushroom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
~MM~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006858-What-are-Grits