*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006985-Psalm-34-8-10
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2235304
A book to keep track of bible studies and other spiritual wisdoms.
#1006985 added March 24, 2021 at 9:44am
Restrictions: None
Psalm 34: 8-10
Prompt:
Psalm 34:8-10
8 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
9 O fear the Lord, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.
10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing.

How do we taste and see that the Lord is good and apply these verses to our life?

Marvelous Friend


owl for signature use *PepperYellow*

References:

1 Samuel 14: 24-30
Colossians 2: all/ this book attributed to Paul
Matthew 12: 32-34


The people of Israel were trying to follow rules and regulations that put hardship on the people. In the Samuel reference we see a point Johnathan made when he disobeyed the rule Saul made during a battle. Jesus reminded the people about how David and his men ate the bread from the temple.

Jesus taught that it was good to praise the Lord and not so good to follow the rules of governing if they were not without a good purpose. Love the Lord your God with your whole heart.

Colossians 2 brings out a lot of things people need to beware of in our understanding of do's and don'ts. As Christians we are given understanding of God, that we need to know as we walk with God.

Our senses are always a part of our lives on the earth. Tasting the goodness of food reminds us that God gave all good things into our hands to enjoy for nourishment. The Psalm tells us that by the taste, we can trust what the Lord provided on earth for us to eat.

Fearing the Lord is not the fear of mistrust. It is our respect of someone who is wise when he creates, who teaches the comparison of goodness and badness. The realization that God is someone who knows each individual from the spiritual side to the fleshly side. Jesus told Peter, Peter would deny him, because he knew what peter was capable of when faced with situations beyond Peter's control. Yet, Jesus said Judas was the only apostle that he lost.














apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2021 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1006985-Psalm-34-8-10