*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
4
6
10
11
12
13
14
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007060-Semantics
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #2017254
My random thoughts and reactions to my everyday life. The voices like a forum.
#1007060 added March 26, 2021 at 11:38am
Restrictions: None
Semantics
PROMPT March 25th

What’s the best or worst practical joke that you’ve played on someone or that was played on you?
         Well, my brother and I thought it to be hilarious if we refilled Dad's glass beer bottles with tap water and hammered the metal cap back on. Ah, Dad probably humoured our pitiful attempts to trick him. The battered cap must've been a clear give-away.
         My kids and I have hurried into a restaurant to request a no-smoking table . Then we hid the smoker's cigarette package and his lighter inside a paper napkin dispenser right on the table. Did he really not see his cigs nestled amongst the white napkins?
         At a restaurant when our three children were elementary school age, my hubby ordered three 'brown cows' for them. The waitress reappeared with the adult liquor version of 'Brown Cows.' Had she never heard of chocolate milk being called 'brown cow?'
         Someone, a complete stranger, substituted salt for white sugar at a local store and I purchased it. Haha, whomever you are. I brought home a six-pound bag of a white crystalline substance and poured it into my sugar canister. On Christmas day, I mixed up pancakes from scratch and my youngest tasted them first. Even with maple syrup they were salty. She then stirred two teaspoons of the fake sugar into her cup of tea. Blecch! Gag!
         When I was pregnant with my first child and as big as a house, my baby sister decided to prank me. At eleven, she could not appreciate how difficult it is for a pregnant woman to deal with footwear. At that stage, while standing I could not make visual contact with my feet. They existed and carried on out of sight. It is far from easy to pull on shoes with that resisting mound thwarting your considered efforts. Imagine a firm beach ball stuffed under your shirt as you huff and puff.
         After my visit concluded, I struggled to cram my foot into a winter boot. I pushed. I stood up and stomped the foot. Nope, my foot would not, could not enter the boot. Had my feet grown since I'd arrived? Oh no, were my feet also swollen?
         I heard Sherry trying to stifle laughter as she watched me intently. Hubby reached down and picked up the uncooperative boot. From within he pulled out a tennis ball and lobbed it at my sister. Haha, not.

© Copyright 2021 SandraLynn Team Florent! (UN: nannamom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
SandraLynn Team Florent! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007060-Semantics