*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007522-Luke-6
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Inspirational · #2235304
A book to keep track of bible studies and other spiritual wisdoms.
#1007522 added April 1, 2021 at 12:06pm
Restrictions: None
Luke 6
Prompt:
Like 6:20-23
20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.
21 Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

How do these differ from the beatitudes in Matthew 5? What can we take from these verses for ourselves?


Marvelous Friend

Owl with signature*ConfettiB*


The ones in Matthew seem more generalized. Jesus was talking in general for those people for all time who accept Jesus into their lives as Savior and Lord.

The speech in Luke was aimed directly at the disciples who were there at the time. If he was looking around the room at individuals it would seem they were already beginning to experience what any real Christian will experience as they become more deeply involved with God at each new step into God's knowledge. He was giving them knowledge to sustain them during times of persecution.









apondia#1781748



















apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2021 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1007522-Luke-6