*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1008907-Over-the-Rivers-to-the-Woods-of-Ohio
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1008907 added April 21, 2021 at 10:10am
Restrictions: None
Over the Rivers to the Woods of Ohio
Across the great plains to the Eastern woodlands we drove. It took us only three days. Think of Lewis and Clark, on horseback and dragging a boat. Inconceivable to us now. We know we could've flown, but needed the car at the other end.

We crossed many mighty rivers. We passed so many trucks. People were more fearful as we traveled East. Sad.

But once we reached Ohio, we rested for a night, then hubby continued on to Virginia. I stayed in Ohio to care for my aged Mother. My granddaughter got to meet her for the first time. My grandson drove up from Southern Ohio, he got to meet her for the first time. My brother and wife came, they stayed for lunch and took granddaughter back to the airport. Then my niece came over. Quite fun to see everyone.

We had fun feeding Grandma. I baked almost everyday. My mother is like a little baby bird, small and frail. But she ate whatever I prepared, as long as it wasn't a salad or a vegetable or a fruit. But she will eat anything that is made with white flour and white sugar. Amazing.

My granddaughter and I once again got into mischief. Seems we always do when we're together. We took the golf cart out on the golf course. The course is right behind my sister's condo. Well, the next day we get a phone call. 'Don't take the cart out on the golf course.' Oops. Then I broke a glass jar of pickled jalapenos on the wood floor in the kitchen. Oops. Then we put out the trash dutifully the night before. The container for the recyclables disappeared. Oops. Our 'Oops' always seem to come in threes.

But like they say, be it ever so humble... Sister's home is a condo. Or as I will tell everyone, a palace. A 3,000 square foot palace. Four living rooms, 2 1/2 baths, three bedrooms. The lower level walks out to a golf course. Two car garage. Holy cow. But the kicker, I had to walk food up and down a flight of steps for each meal. Mother lives in the lower level and can't do steps. So my exercise for a week was the stair climb.

I can honestly say, after driving home yesterday, even through a blizzard in Wyoming, it is good to be home!


© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1008907-Over-the-Rivers-to-the-Woods-of-Ohio