*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1009201-Creating-without-a-Creator
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#1009201 added April 27, 2021 at 12:02am
Restrictions: None
Creating without a Creator
Well, it looks like another easy one for me today. It doesn't usually happen two days in a row, but such are the dangers of random selection.



I've described myself as uncreative before, but by this vlogger's definition, I suppose "creativity" applies even to me.

Are you skeptical about creative advice that requires a belief in the supernatural? Curious about what works in the real world? Or just interested in creativity? Join Freethought Blogs writers T.D. Walker, William Brinkman, and Megan Rahm as they discuss creativity without the woo.

Now, videos aren't my favorite means of absorbing information. I do better with written articles, as anyone who's been following along should know. There are some things that pretty much have to be video, like when you're talking about an explosion; I wanna see that thing, not read a description of it. This video in particular could probably have better been an essay, but... whatever. I think it's good information, and at least it's no vertically formatted.

I'm sharing it because it's relevant to what we do as writers. And because I don't accept the idea of the supernatural, so it never really occurred to me that some other people believe that creativity is something that comes from outside oneself.

Certainly it can be inspired by something external, but the idea that you can take that inspiration and "create" something from it, well, I consider that just another function of the mind and consciousness. In other words, you are your own muse.

But the video should be useful to all creators, not just heretics like me. So, you can click the link above to see it on YouTube, but then you might be tempted to read the comments, which is rarely a good idea on YT (I didn't venture down there, myself). So here's the video, embedded:


© Copyright 2021 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1009201-Creating-without-a-Creator