*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1009877-Sir-William-Etc
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1009877 added May 12, 2021 at 10:04am
Restrictions: None
Sir William, Etc.
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: There's dialogue and there are monologues. Dialogue is conversation between people whereas monologues tend to be one person speaking similar to a speech or a rant. Let's take this opportunity to discuss your name. What makes it unique? Is it a family name? Is there a story behind? Have fun, be engaging.

---

I think I’ll tweak the question in the prompt a bit and have a conversation about names in general.

The Bard: “What’s in a name?”.

Me: “A whole human being,”

The Bard: “All that glitters is not gold.”

Me: “Granted, if only for the reason that a person’s name is not as important as who the person is inside, as argues your Juliet, Sir; however, it is a known fact that in our time, people live up to their names. Well, mostly.”

The Bard:
“You speak an infinite deal of nothing.”

Me: “It is not the first time, Sir. My mother had similar ideas on that subject about me.”

The Bard:
“With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.”

Me: “You may laugh all you wish, Sir, but unfortunately, neither you nor her are here on earth, anymore. ”

The Bard: ““To die, to sleep - To sleep, perchance to dream - ay, there's the rub…”

Me:
“The rub is some of us do not like our names as they don’t fit us. Worse yet, out of spite, some people act as the opposites of their names. Yet, most everyone tries to live down or up to the names given to them, subconsciously or rather consciously speaking.”

The Bard: “Conscience doth make cowards of us all.”

Me:
“With your permission, Sir. I tend to disagree. Conscience is the most importance part of a human being, I dare say.”

The Bard:
”Et tu, Brute?”

Me: “Sorry, Sir. I didn’t mean to lecture you. I may have stumbled there a bit. “

The Bard: “Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast.”

Me:
“You sure are very witty, but you have to admit that we humans should think twice when we name our children.”

The Bard: “Get thee to a nunnery! Better a witty fool, than a foolish wit.”

Me: “It is all right, Sir. You can call me names if you wish. After all, you have called many a character many a name”.

The Bard: “Beautiful tyrant, feind angelical, dove feather raven, wolvish-ravening lamb! Despised substance of devinest show, just opposite to what thou justly seemest - A dammed saint, an honourable villain!”

Me: “If those are the names with which you are calling me, Sir, I’m more than pleased. I’m delighted.”

The Bard: “Frailty, thy name is woman… Than by destruction dwell in doubtful Joy.”

Me: “You just uttered my name, Sir. I’m so honored!”

The Bard: ““Are you sure…That we are awake? It seems to me… Some are born mad, some achieve madness, and some have madness thrust upon 'em …””

Me: “To quote you, sir, ‘I am one who loved not wisely but too well.’”

The Bard: “All's well that ends well.” (Sir William S. exits the scene.)


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From victoryseeker’s "Invalid Item.
Share a regret that you have.


----

I regret I had to hurt someone’s feelings by choosing someone else over him, but I had only enough space for one person in the drama of my lifetime.

Yet, I am happy with my choice, and I didn’t let that regret hang on over me through the years, making it an imaginary alternate version of my life.

Regrets can be the stuff of tragic fiction but they are not functional unless they can propel people onward and teach them not to make the same mistakes again. Intuitively speaking, my choice was not a mistake, but I still feel bad for hurting a very nice person.


© Copyright 2021 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1009877-Sir-William-Etc