*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1009964-May-10
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1009964 added May 10, 2021 at 9:48am
Restrictions: None
May 10
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt“Too often, we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” Leo F. Buscaglia
Who in your life gave you all the nice stuff Leo Buscaglia has talked about? Or if you wish, who can give all those things to anyone? How? Write about it.

----

Many people in my life gave me all that. I have been blessed with the most wonderful extended family. Mostly, it is the parents’ job to take care of those things, but when other people are added to it, the blessing is multiplied many times.

I think in addition to family, school people like teachers and friends, too, can add to a growing person’s life. Even neighbors and strangers can pitch in if we were to live in perfect societies.

Unfortunately, however, this isn’t always the case, and if a young person doesn’t have good parents, family, or any outside help, that person will have only himself or herself to turn their life around. I think, when all is considered, each person should learn to stand on their own feet and realize that, especially if they’re not a child anymore, they only have themselves to lean on to make the best life and future that they can for themselves.


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From Redtowrite ’s "One Planet of Hope

---

Here is a beautiful poem on hope, which I agree with 100%.

One thing that makes hope so wonderful is that it is accessible to anyone, regardless of nationality, creed, race, politics, and everything else that separates human beings.

Yet, it isn’t enough to wait, wish, and hope for something to happen. We need to work toward what we hope would take place. Hope should invite more than a wish into it. If not, it is only a wall decoration inside our psyches. Hope should invite a list of possibilities that demand action on our part.

Otherwise, reverting to what Emily Dickinson wrote, hope is only something in the sky with feathers that we cannot catch but can only watch from afar.

© Copyright 2021 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1009964-May-10