*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010015-Marching-to-the-Beat-of-My-Own-Drum
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#1010015 added May 11, 2021 at 10:54am
Restrictions: None
Marching to the Beat of My Own Drum


PROMPT May 11th

What was cool when you were young but isn’t cool now? Is there anything that has become cool in recent years that wasn’t cool in your youth?

I wasn’t one of the “cool” kids. I didn’t like what others liked, and I guess took a certain pride in that. My clothes weren’t trendy, the music I liked was classical or jazz, and I would rather stay in my room reading than be out and about in a car cruising mindlessly. So don’t ask me what was cool. I was out of the loop, living in my own little safe world.

And now, how will I know what is popular if I wasn’t aware when I was fifty years younger? I just decided in the past few years what I am comfortable wearing and doing.

Ask my sister. She was the “cool” one. *Cool*







Queen NormaJean II GreenEyes *Crown*

Signature for use by anyone nominated for a Quill Award in 2020

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

© Copyright 2021 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010015-Marching-to-the-Beat-of-My-Own-Drum