*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010065-Murder-in-the-Sun
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by ~MM~
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #2101544
Mutterings, musings and general brain flatulence.
#1010065 added May 12, 2021 at 2:19pm
Restrictions: None
Murder in the Sun
PROMPT: What TV show character would it be the most fun to change places with for a week? Why?


Fun? Oh dear, most of the TV I watch is either murder-of-the-week stuff like Death in Paradise, Hawaii 5-0, Castle or Majorca Files; or else it's panel show comedy like Mock the Week, 8 Out of 10 Cats, or 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown (totally prefer 8/10 Cats Countdown to actual 8/10 Cats).

So if it's to be a TV show character, I guess we're looking at one of the generic death-by-numbers-in-a-really-nice-location programmes.... I'm torn between my intense desire for some sun (DiP, H5-0, or MF) and my longing to spend a week running riot around New York with Rick Castle. I'm actually going to go with sunshine over glorious mayhem that is Nathan Fillion. I may yet change my mind.

I think I'm going to pick Florence Cassell; yes she's got a bit of a tragic backstory, but she's very nearly over Patrick. And yes, having your extremely nervy boss falling in love with you is going to be awkward, but (so far) she's unaware of Neville's feelings. And since she's a detective sergeant in a police force of four, yes the workload with each murder is going to be heavy, but she can - and does - delegate most of the boring leg work, and still seems to be able to get off in time for drinks each night. It also appears that, apart from it's scheduled weekly murder, Saint Marie has a pretty low crime rate; so once the murder is wrapped up (and it always is), it's chill at the beach time. I think I can deal with that.

© Copyright 2021 ~MM~ (UN: miget_mushroom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
~MM~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010065-Murder-in-the-Sun