*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010221-May-15
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#1010221 added May 15, 2021 at 12:08pm
Restrictions: None
May 15
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: A limo just arrived at your door for your use Where are you going? Who would you take with you?

----

I ask the limo driver to take me to the nearest interstellar station. I am taking nobody with me but my cat Noche, and only because she’s a weirdo of an old cat, and if it weren’t for me adopting him the last minute, she’d end up in a shelter where she’d be subject to all kinds of cruelty and name-calling by the other animals.

You see, in the first place, I am not much into Limo-living, but this limo was available and I wanted to leave my car to my kids. But I digress.

The Limo stops in front of a quaint-looking building, designed just so that it shouldn’t attract much attention, for quite a few people would want out of here and they would crowd the place. I knew about it only because a friend of mine who used to work in real estate had sold them this office.

Anyhow, I thank the driver and hop down with the cat sitting on top of my head, as she likes high places, and in the first place, I don’t have much of a fancy hairdo.

I enter the building and approach the person in the first desk and tell her I want out because another war is brewing in the Middle East, and who knows what will happen next, and I’ve had it with all the war hoopla on this planet.

“No worries,” she says with a sweet smile. “We certainly understand. In fact, some of our crew here are leaving also and for that very reason. One thing you’ll appreciate though, your flight will be free due to your circumstances with that cat on your head. Now, let me see…How about…”

“Alpha Centauri,” I butt in, "I bet most any planet on Alpha Centauri will have me and my cat.”

“Oh, that’s easy,” she says. “It's exactly where our crew is headed to. You’re in good company. Please, sign under here!”

I take the pen she hands me, and just when I am signing, I feel a wetness on my neck. Not again! Noche has peed on my head!

Oh well, cat pee on me or not, I am outa here. If you guys here on earth decide not to fight and not have any wars, Noche and I may consider returning. Remember the trick word here, “consider”!


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: Rhoswen - Relentless Victory ’s "Invalid Item, a tribute to veterans. I don't know about you, but my hat is off to anybody who defends their country. What do you think?

---

Good poem in appreciation of veterans. I bet most of us feel quite similarly for our veterans.

Except, when our appreciation for the veterans is confined only to celebrations, parades, dinners, or balls, I think we shortchange our nation’s heroes. Our true appreciation should show in serious legislation that would take much better care of their needs once they return home. As such, we should be electing government people who would make such legislation possible.

Surely, my hat is off to the veterans who risked everything for the welfare of the motherland by especially “defending,” which is more palatable than the other illegitimate ideals such as conquering and taking hostages. After all, peace on earth is the ideal state.



© Copyright 2021 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1010221-May-15